Our complaints policy
At Thames Marine Services, we are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please complete a Complaints Form ideally within 5 working days of the incident. We will still look into any complaints that are up to 3 months’ old, but the sooner you can send in the details following an incident, the more chance there is of the incident being easier to provide full report details on both sides and being resolved as quickly as possible.
What will happen next?
- Once you have submitted your Complaints Form, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within two working days of receiving it. Your complaint will be logged onto our complaints register and held on file for 6 years.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Operations Director, Nicholas Dwan, who will review your matter and speak to the member of staff or crew who acted for you.
- Nicholas or someone of equal authority within the Company will then call you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of us sending you the acknowledgement email.
- Within two days of the telephone discussion, Nicholas or Trina, the Office Manager will write to you on email to confirm what took place and any solutions that have been agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange further review and discussion and offer a meeting to come to a resolution.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman.
PO Box 6806,
Tel: 0300 555 0333