Mission, Vision & Values Statement
Thames Marine Services is very proud of its cheerful, friendly team that works well together. We all have the same great outlook and we all believe in delivering on our Mission, Vision & Values:
By continued investment, training and offering a diversity of services, we aim to be leaders in our field on the river Thames and be our customers’ number one choice. Our values are to always offer a reliable, professional and helpful service, putting our customers first and proactively ensure our service is simple and easy to use.
Investing in the future
Recent investments include:
- Expanding our fleet of bunker barges and waste oil barge
- Boat refurbishments
- New signage on the boats and static river locations offering higher visibility on the Thames
- Raised our profile by advertising in the PLA Handbook each year
- Distributing our leaflets to various locks, docks & marinas along the Thames
- Offered diversity by expanding our services following feedback gained from listening to our growing customer base
- Purchase of vessel and equipment relating to waste oil removal
- Continued training courses and in-house training workshops for new and existing staff
- Apprenticeship scheme – taken on an apprentice crew member & apprentice engineer
- New energy supplier of Shell GTL Fuel
The vessels and equipment are thoroughly maintained and serviced and we have safety systems in place, to ensure we always meet or exceed the criteria and requirements of working on this very busy river. With regular PLA inspections on the vessels, we ensure our certificates are in date and offer our customers peace of mind that they are not only dealing with a professional company, but also a respected and highly recommended one. The future is set to go from strength to strength with further ideas and planning.
Upper Tier Waste Carrier Certificate – Waste Oil Collections
Registered with the Environment Agency as an Upper Tier Waste Carrier.
We hold a Certificate of Registration under the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011.
The RDCO Certificate – Suppliers of lubricants
Thames Marine Services are Registered Dealers in Controlled Oils and hold the RDCO Certificate to supply lubricants.