- Cleaner fuel for cleaner air
- A drop-in cleaner burning diesel alternative
This ‘drop-in’ fuel can be used as a direct replacement for conventional diesel fuels, suitable for both on-road and off-road applications without the need for engine modifications. It can reduce harmful emissions and improve local air quality.
Gas-to-Liquid (GTL) fuel is part of the paraffinic family of fuels which has improved combustion properties inside standard diesel engines, helping to reduce emissions and improve local air quality. Trials have shown that Shell GTL Fuel can reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions by up to 37%, and particulate matter (PM) by up to 50% compared to conventional diesel. Other benefits include;
- DROP IN FUEL – Can be implemented as a drop-in replacement for conventional diesel
- LOWER EMISSIONS – Reduced emissions of regulated pollutants
- NOISE REDUCTION – Noise levels in some engines can be reduced by 1-4 dB
- NON TOXIC – Readily biodegradable
- OUDORLESS – Creating cleaner working environments
- COLD START – Winter grade fuel all year round
- STORAGE STABILITY – Better safety, handling and storage characteristics due to a higher flash point
Need help making the change to Shell GTL Fuel? Speak with the Thames Marine Services team to find out about the benefits for your business by using Shell GTL Fuel today.